I saw someone the other day I used to know in my PTA days. She kind of grimace-smiled at me, and it took a while to realize it was probably because of my blue hair.
It made me realize how thankful I am for my new life in the Kidlit community:
- SCBWI National. I got to meet so many persons this year at the LA convention.(<3 Colleen)
- Kansas SCBWI and my writing peeps. Ah, lunch.
- Heartland Writers for Kids and Teens and the Wednesday morning critiques. (Ouch, I needed that.)
- Reading Reptilians. Imagine, a kidlit store just blocks from me!
- My Twitterlie friends. Ones I’ve met, ones I DM and ones I banter with occasionally.
The Kidlit Tribe.
I am so grateful to finally find where I belong.